Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Closet system installed!

Joe installed a shelving system in Lauren's closet this past weekend. He actually said it was really easy. I think the hardest and most frustrating part was getting our sliding closet doors off the sliders and out of the way. Once they were off, the rest was just measuring, leveling and drilling.

We used the Closetmaid ShelfTrack system.


First you install the top rail, then the down rods are evenly spaced attached to the top rail and drilled in place.


Then you can install the shelving anywhere along the downrails, which makes the system super flexible.


Now I have my original hanging rod all the way across, plus a new hang rod half way across. I stopped into Target and got the organizing bins. Between the back to college stuff and the baby stuff, they had some really great items that fit perfectly.


The purple bins on the bottom are actually two stacked rolling bins. I figured they would be perfect for small toy storage. We can just roll them in and out.


Inspired by these size dividers from One Step Ahead....


I made my own using foam door knob hangers I got at Michael's craft store.


They're not the same thing, but definitely serve the same purpose and seem to work really well. It sure makes it easier to see what you have when everything is grouped by size.

17 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love that door hanger idea. Might have to steal that one!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jacquie said...

Now that's a closet! And good job coming up with the size hanger thingys!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Great closet...
Love the door hanger idea..
Looks Great..
Kim

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Will he come down and install one of them closets at my house?

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Diana said...

LOVE the door hanger idea...I need it in my closet as I have a varity of sizes too:)

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Count me in as another one who's going to use your great door hanger/clothes seperator idea! How creative!

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW ! The closet goods great. I agree with Colleen, I think I'll have to hire you & Joe to work on my closets ! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Stephe said...

Don't you just LOVE it when a VISION comes together! The closet is FANTASTIC! Adjustable shelving is Totally the way to go. I love the clothes separators you made!!! LOVE 'EM!!!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Scott and Kim said...

Lauren's closet looks so nice! You will be able to fit lots of clothes in there! :-)

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an inspiration for when I finally give in to the closet pressure...it looks terrific!!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

WOW!!! So totally cool. Love the size things and the rolling bins! What a great idea to hit Target for the organizing stuff for school supplies!!! I can't wait to see the room all painted with boarders now!!!

Lisa

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Suz said...

I love the closet, but now my not-so-handy hubby is totally inspired to work on ours! I can only hope ours turns out half as cool as yours!
Suz

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well done! I am IMPRESSED and will consult with you once we prepare Dominic's and our daughter's closet.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Brandi said...

What a GREAT idea with the size dividers. I love it!

We're just getting ready to start working on organizing the closet and this is a really great idea!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Wow!! You have a very full closet! I also love the size things, very cute and smart. I think I'll have to do that also.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger AndreaG said...

Hi Donna & Joe. I work on the PR team for ClosetMaid and we see a lot of these fun blogs, but this tops the charts! What a fantastic job you've done!!! Your organization ideas are great, especially the size hangers. Best wishes to you and Lauren!

-Andrea

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous closet systems Sarasota said...

Visually appealing, time savers, and organizational masterpieces, closet storage systems are the perfect way to have the closet you always dreamed of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home