Monday, January 28, 2008

Growth chart....

I picked up this adorable growth chart at Home Goods over the weekend.

I've been waiting to find one that I really like and this is it. It's a print stretched out over a canvas and I love the tree and little girls playing.

I'm planning on hanging it in the nursery or the playroom. Lately, we have been thinking about making our spare room (currently our ironing/junk room) into a playroom. It's across the hall from the nursery and I'm thinking it would be a great place for toy storage, the bookcase, and a little table and chairs for Lauren. Also, I'm thinking we could lay down that cushiony floor stuff that goes together like puzzle pieces.

I would love to hear from those of you who have kids at home and have a separate playroom. I'm wondering how it works out for you.

7 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Love the growth chart..
That will look really cute..
Are you done painting Lauren's room???
Have a Great Week..

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Jacquie said...

Let's see....

New baby = TONS of toys and STUFF.

DO IT. Unless baby toys EVERYWHERE won't bug you.

I never thought I'd want or need a separate playroom. Ha! I laugh at my naivete.

Love love love that growth chart!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

The growth chart really is soooo beautiful!!!

I LOVE having a separate toy room for my kids!! Their bedrooms have just their beds,, dressers and very favorite things that they don't want others to touch in it! Works really well for bedtimes...there is no playing!! Also the toys tend to stay more in one place and not "travel" around the house and from room to room when there is a toy room!

My boys double bunk and often go to bed at different times too so that works better if the toys are in a different room than they sleep!

I also think it's just fun to be able to decorate TWO rooms!!! :) I have an "alphabet train" and a color chart on the wall in the toy room! All fun educational things in there!!

Have fun!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Cloudberrygirl said...

Nice growth chart!

My experience (got three children) is that the kids don't want to play in their rooms at all! They want to be in the kitchen or living room where we are most of the time... so our two boys (8 and 6) share room an our daughter (3) doesn't have her own room yet. Of course, when they get older, they'll need a space of their own.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You certainly are organized - wish I were like that but I don't plan on starting the room until Feb/Mar '06 start getting referrals... take care

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger S and H said...

Okay Donna!! Looks like you have it all picked out and ready to go!! I will have mine done before the end of next week because I have bunco at my house and I will HAVE to show it off!! BTW, email me where you go to zip up your blog! Mine needs a serious makeover and I am having mucho troubles!! Love ya!! Hope

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger S and H said...

Donna, Where do I find a background like this with the little squares? Then where do I put the code or what ever to make them appear?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home